As coordinator of the Annual Community Thanksgiving Meal, I consulted with Dr. Whiting, Local Health Authority, and San Saba City Manager, Stan Weik, for permission and regulations regarding the Thanksgiving Meal because of the COVID virus. Dr. Whiting and Mr. Weik both approved the event with certain conditions because of the virus. The following conditions will be implemented:
1. Workers wear plastic gloves and face masks.
2. Families sit together, others sit with six feet distance; those in line, six feet apart.
3. Hand sanitizers for diners.
4. Use paper plates, packaged eating utensils and salt & pepper.
5. The location for the meal will be at The Civic Center.
6. Use ‘Common Sense.’
The meal will be on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Civic Center. More information and the volunteer help needed will be reported at a later date. Plan to mark this date to help prepare, serve, provide desserts, deliver meals, donate, and enjoy a delicious meal.
Give thanks with a grateful heart.