For the last couple of weeks, there have been two different Letters to the Editor reminding you of the upcoming Blood Drive on Tuesday, October 20th, from noon to 6 p.m. at the San Saba First Baptist Church on 208 W. Wallace. And, as you know, with COVID restrictions, there have been some changes... such as you are requested to schedule an appointment ahead of the day of the drive!
You can go to BSWBlood. com [and as I type this on Friday, 10-9-20, there are still quite a few openings, so now's a good time to go there and check and see what's left!] or call 254-724- 4376 and get them to help you schedule your appointment. As always, any pre-scheduling that gets done allows them to bring the forms all filled in and it doesn't have to be done before you can go in and donate!
A couple of reminders:
• a Photo ID, such as your driver's license, passport, state ID, military ID, or an employee badge is required.
• You must be 17 years of age or older.
• You must weigh a minimum of 110 pounds.
• It is strongly suggested that all donors eat a good meal and drink lots of water or juice before and after donating.
• Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages for 12 hours before and after donating.
• And, you should be feeling well when you give blood. Please do not donate if you're feeling ill, feverish, or generally unwell.
A healthy donor can give blood every 56 days [8 weeks] and keeping that in mind, we have set up a 2021 schedule that may look a little different than it normally has...first off, you'll notice that there are 5 dates not just 4!!
I can assure you that, if this schedule holds up to next year, all of these dates are on Tuesdays and are at least 8 weeks apart! January 21st, March 30th, June 29th, September 28th and November 30th...go ahead, mark your calendars... we'll wait!
So there's lots of information here and as usual, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at 325-372-8570 or email@example.com.