Scott Glaze and Stan Weik present the December Employee of the Month Award to Luis Rios (center).
The City Council of San Saba, Texas met for a regular meeting on Monday, December 15th at 6 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers.
Mayor Ken Jordan called the meeting to order and announced that a quorum was present. Shawn Oliver gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The December Joe Ragsdale Employee of the Month went to Luis Rios. Luis Rios has worked for the city 4 1/2 years and presently the Street Department Manager.
The following agenda items were approved:
a. Minutes from the November 17th Council Meeting.
b. Payment of bills presented to City Council.
c. Resolution No. 2008-31 to waive an ordinance defining noise nuisances.
The following Action Items were passed:
1. Resolution No. 2008-32 - ackowleded LCRA to create a new city park across the road from Mill Pond.
2. Resolution No. 2008-33 - creating a weight management/wellness program for the employees of the City of San Saba.
3. Allowing City Manager to go out for bids and negotiate sale of Hospital Building.
4. Ordinance No. 2008-28 - Sale of Real Property owned by city in block 14 and 18 of the Murray Addition.
5. Ordinance No. 2008-29 - closed a street covering portions of Block 14 and Block 18 from the Murray Addition known as Rock Street.
City Manager Stan Weik’s Report included:
*100% attendance at the Christmas Party.
*All city departments entered the Christmas Parade.
*No change on Water Park Law Suit.
*Elmo Davis, Sanitation Department reported on the new blue trash containers for recycling.
Other reports submitted were: City Secretary, Gale Ivy; City Treasurer, Charlene Lindsay; Billing, Dorothy Prescott; Economic Development, Tony Guidroz; Electric Department, Roger Verette; Public Works Department, Scott Glaze; Water/Wastewater, Wayne Yarbrough; Streets, Luis Rios; Parks, Farrel Whitley; Sanitation, Leo Sanchez; Transfer Site, Robert Carroll; Police Report, Ray Riggs; Animal Control Report, Jake Shepherd.
Mayor Ken Jordan adjourned the meeting and the Executive Session met after a short break.