The San Saba ISD Board of Trustees met for a regular Board meeting at 7pm on November 10th. President Darren Barker called the meeting to order and gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
Jennifer Stewart attended the meeting for public comments requesting that a Sports Medical Trainer be considered to evaluate a football players ability to return to the game.
Listed for Student Recognition were Danessa Vasquez, Rebecca Parades and Shelby Hardy.
Staff members receiving acts of kindness recognition is listed on the web site.
Communications from Superintendent Glaze:
- Report on Technical Assistance Team
- The parking lot project work next to the football field has been awarded to the lowest bid of $8,000.
- The Cafeteria will be reviewed. This includes recipes reviewed by the state.
- The high school and elementary cafeteria’s were inspected by state guidelines and both were approved by 100%.
- The field projects at Millpond are taking time to be completed but are looking good.
The following consent agenda was approved:
The October 13 minutes; amendments to 2008-2009 budget; allow and pay bills; financial report.
The following Campus Reports were given:
Mr. Underwood gave the following High School Report:
212 students; student recognition; teachers of the month; FFA at Burnet tonight; Band will participate at the Veterans Day Celebration at the Dillo Cafe on Tuesday Nov. 11th.; Nat’l Honor Society will go to Star, Texas on Thursday Nov. 13th; Senior test retakes are being scheduled; Basketball is in full swing and Drivers Ed has started. Superintendent Glaze reported that Mr. Underwood had an evaluation recently and “passed the test.”
Mr. Tabor gave the following Elementary Report:
289 students; looking forward to the Veterans Day Celebration Tues. Nov. 11th. Participating in the Program are Cub Scouts, High School Band, Mr. Tabor, Mayor Ken Jordan, Ross Cox, 2 presentations by students, and Jason Howard paying TAPS. The second 6 weeks report will be Nov. 20th; Acts of kindness implemented; Walk A Thon is in progress to raise funds for campus activities.
Athletic Director Johnson reported that the football season is coming to a close and being very proud of the students hard work and season. Wednesday Nov. 12th will be an All District meeting and will give the report as soon as it is available. Basketball is in full swing with scrimmages over and games to start this week. San Saba will host a Tournament next week for 16 schools and 22 teams. Danessa Vasquez was 14th and Rebecca Paredes 36th in cross country which are wonderful accomplishments. There will be a reception on Friday at 1p.m. for Shelby Hardy as she signs her letter of intent to play college golf.
The following New Business was conducted:
1. The Annual Evaluation of ESL (English Second Language) Program 2007-2008 was explained. Teacher Margie Keeney was in attendance and made some comments on the program.
2. Approved use of SSISD Logo for use in a check club at local banks.
3. Approved 2008-2009 District Improvement plan
4. Appointed Bob Whitten as representative to the San Saba County Appraisal Board 2009/2010.
5. Considered application to implement a credit card payment system for lunchroom payment through an online website process.
Mr. Pannell gave the Middle School report with 214 students; basketball teams are getting started; student and teacher recognition.
The December and January Board meetings or time were changed. The December meeting will be Thursday Dec.11th at 6 p.m. and January’s meeting will be Monday January 12th at 7:30 p.m.
Public Reporting of Progress in meeting Highly Qualified Teacher Requirements specifically, 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 Teacher Data are federal requirements is being implemented.
President Barker adjorned the meeting.
Attending the meeting were: Superintendent Leigh Ann Glaze; Secretary Bob Whitten; President Darren Barker; Vice President Marcey Maxcey; Board Members Elmo Davis, Susie Nettleship, Angela Johnson and Kim Kirk; Principles: Mr. Underwood, Mr. Tabor, Mr. Pannell; Athletic Director Johnson; Margie Keeney, Bob Pryor, Paul Stewart, Vicki Key, Jennifer Stewart and San Saba News & Star Reporter Alice Smith.