In a few weeks we will have the opportunity to elect a new leader for our country. Every person who is of voting age has the opportunity to cast their ballot the way they choose to and no one will be able to make them vote in a certain way. That’s one of the things I enjoy about living in the United States of America. We have an election that everyone can participate in and choose the person they feel will best lead our nation.
This past week I got an email from a classmate of mine when I was in the school of preaching. Here is what the email states:
Top 10 Predictions No Matter Who Wins the Election
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-ordained preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.
ISN’T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!
These words are true. No matter what we may like, God is the one who is still in control. He will still be in control after the election and our duty is to serve Him. We do this by being obedient to His word and putting Him first in our lives every day. I don’t know who you will vote for this year, but I do know the one who is in control. Do you?