The San Saba County Commissioners Court held a regular meeting on Tuesday, October 14 in the County Judge’s Chambers. Judge Byron Theodosis called the meeting to order and Ricky Lusty gave the invocation followed by the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The Commissioners Court Meetings minutes for September 8,15,19 and 25 were approved.
County Clerk Kim Wells reported that there has been over 100 mail out ballots at this time. The Clerk’s Report was approved.
County Treasurer Gayla Hawkins confirmed the Scott & White Health Insurance Plan in effect. The Treasuer’s Report was approved.
The Justice of the Peace report was approved. Judge Theodosis reinforced the fact that we need two state patrolmen.
The Sheriff’s Jail Report was approved with 7.36 average per day in jail for the month of September.
Marsha Hardy had reports for County EMS Billing, County On-Site Sewage Facility Management Coordinator and County Emergency Management Coordinator. Ms. Hardy also gave a verbal report on the county’s help to the Ike evacuees.
Other reports were: County Extension Agents, County Indigent Health Care Program Director, County Grant Writer, County 9-1-1 Coordinator, and County - Damage Management Technician Report (Trapper).
The Commissioners approved the following Special Action Items:
- Conservation Contract for passage of emergency vehicles in Pct 2
- Resolution #2008-05 authorizing County Grant for Meals On Wheels for Hill County Community Action. These meals are for elderly and disabled who are home bound and also for Senior Citizen's meals at the Senior Center every weekday.
- Setting Compensation and Expenses of Court Reporters
- 2009 Courthouse Holidays
- Amendments to the 07-08 Budget and the 08 - 09 Budget
- Line Item Transfers to the 07-08 and the 08-09 Budget
- Accounts Payable for 07-08 and 08-09 with one bill withheld for more information
The Commissioners tabled the following:
1. Authorization to maintain TCDRS Plan Provisions Plan. Cathi Miles will schedule a Retirement Plan meeting before December
2. Drainage for Private Road, San Saba County #305
3. Revision to San Saba County Commissioner Precinct Lines
The Commissioners rescheduled the Sexual Harassment Training Meeting for Tuesday October 28th at 10 a.m.; accepted one new employee to payroll; and lifted the Burn Ban on a temporary basis. There needs to be CAUTION when burning during this short term.
After setting the next commissioners court meeting for Tuesday, October 28th at 9 a.m., the meeting was adjourned.
Attending the meeting were: County Judge Byron Theodoses, Commissioners Otis Judkins, Ricky Lusty, Kenley Kroll; County Coordinator Marsh Hardy; County Clerk Kim Wells; Administrative Assistant Cathi Miles; County Treasurer Gayla Hawkins; County Attorney David Williams; Court Bailiff Mike Edgmon; CPA Kevin Shahan, and San Saba News & Star Reporter Alice Smith.