The Board of Trustees of the San Saba School District held a Called Meeting at 12:00 p.m. in the Board Room. President Darrin Barker called the meeting to order followed by the invocation and pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The following information was given by Superintendent Leigh Ann Glaze:
• Report on the first day of school. Total student enrollment is 705 at this time, down from last year. San Saba County has an enrollment of 926 students.
• Posted track rules at the track and also in the paper.
• Discussed some TEA requirements.
• Looking forward to the facility study report at a meeting October 20th at 6 p.m.
• Gave attention to the "Thank You" cards received.
President Barker conducted the following business:
• The minutes from August 11, 2008 Budget Hearing and Regular Monthly meeting were approved.
• Bills were presented and allowed to be paid.
• Distributed the 2007-2008 budget report as of August 31st.
• New Business included accepting the application for one Kindergarten student transferring from Horseshoe Bay.
• Voted to move the regular September meeting to Monday September 15th instead of Oct. 8th.
The meeting was adjourned and the Trustees entered into a closed meeting.
Attending the meeting were: President Darrin Barker; Trustees Susie Nettleship, Bob Whitten, Marcie Maxcey, Elmo Davis, Angela Johnson, Kim Kirk; Assistant Superintendent Ashley Stewart; Superintendent Leigh Ann Glaze; Business Manager Buck Martin and San Saba News & Star Reporter Alice Smith.