1. An individual may have TWO entries which must contain at least 12 pieces of candy.
2. All entries must contain pecans (not just decorations) and not require refrigeration.
3. Each participant must prepare his or her own entry.
4. All entries must be on or in a non-returnable container covered with plastic wrap.
5. All entries must have the entrant’s name, address, and phone number printed and taped to the bottom for identification.
6. All entries must have the name of the candy attached to the top.
7. Candy entries must be in the Pecan Candy Challenge Tent in Risien Park by 11:00am October 22nd. Entries may be brought to Alamo Pecan & Coffee (601 East Wallace) between 8:30am to 9:30am that morning or to the Pecan Candy Challenge tent between 10:00am to 11:00.
8. Entries will be judged on taste, originality, texture, appearance, and use of pecans.
9. All Entries will become the property of the San Saba Festival Association. For more information: email@example.com or 325-372-8807.
st annual Pecan Candy Challenge will take place on October 22nd in conjunction with the San Saba River Pecan Jam. It costs nothing to enter and you may win $100 for 1st place, $75 for 2nd place and $50 for 3rd place. Please read the rules carefully and then whip up your best pecan candy.