Sunday, October 16, 2011 an on-line course will be available from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. for hunters needing to complete the course.
Cost for this class will be an administrative fee of $15 per person and minimum age for certification is nine (9) years of age.
Instructions on how to take the on-line course are as follows:
1. Go to Texas Parks & Wildlife Department home page at www.tpwd.state.tx.us.
2. Click on the Hunting icon in the middle of the page.
3. Click on Hunter Education in the middle of the page.
4. Click on On-line course plus a one-day field course in the middle of that page.
5. Click on our free TPWD on-line course + $15.00 one-day field course.
6. Follow instructions from page to page until completed.
7. Bring printed quizzes to testing site (a total of 11 quizzes to print).
A Hunter Skills Trail, Live Firing with .22 rifles, safe gun handling scenarios and Final Exam are the extent of this class.
It is each individual's responsibility to complete the required material on-line, and print out the results to attend this class.
To sign up for this Hunter Education Class or for questions, please contact Game Warden Brad Reeves at 325-423-4032.