The San Saba County Commissioners Court met on Monday, September 19th at 9:00 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge, Byron Theodosis called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone to the court. Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The Court deliberated and took action on the following items:
1. Approved the Tax Rate of .7650 - general fund .6190 and Road & Bridge fund .1460.
2. Amended and approved the Adoption of Proposed 2011-2012 Budget.
3. The Proposed Amendments and/or Line Item Transfers to the 2010-2011 budget will be on the agenda of the next Commissioners Court.
4. Approved to pay bills presented by County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins.
5. The next Commissioners Court will be Wednesday, October 12th at 9 a.m.
During the deliberation and discussion concerning the budget and tax rate, County Appraiser, Randy Henderson and Kevin Shahan, CPA, were called upon for information.
Judge Theodosis adjourned the meeting at 10:45 a.m. Those in attendance were: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; County/District Clerk, Kim Wells; County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins; County Commissioners, Pat Pool, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Sheriff, Allen Brown; Chief Deputy, Bill Price; JOP Judge, Les Dawson; Administrative Assistant, Cathi Miles; County Coordinator, Marsha Hardy; County Appraiser, Randy Henderson; Kevin Shahan, CPA and San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith.