Jessica Estrada, an 8-year-old upcoming fourth grader and lifetime resident of San Saba, has been diagnosed with bone cancer. If anyone is willing to help make it easier on her and her family, here are a few ideas of what can be done:
• A money donation of any kind. If sending a money order or cashier's check, please make it payable to Jessica's mother, Tina Estrada;
• Preparing a meal for them or give a gift of food or snack items;
• Getting a Wal-Mart or Sonic gift card or a gas card;
• Send notes or cards of encouragement;
• Give personal gifts to Jessica and her brothers, ages 3 and 12, such as movies, games, books, puzzles, swimming pool toys, or board games; use your imagination. Specifically for Jessica, give hand held games, coloring items, puzzles, magna-doodles, or anything that she can use or play with from her bed.
When asked the one place that Jessica would like to go that she has never been, she said, ". . . to get to go to Sea World with her family." Actually, she said to go to New York or Japan first, but I confined her to Texas!
When asked the one thing that she would like to have if she could have anything, she said, and I quote, "One thousand Pokemon cards!"
Also, there is an account being set up at City National Bank for anyone who may like to make a deposit. There are two fundraisers in the making as well: a raffle and a co-ed softball tournament; so you may also want to support these functions.
Anything would be appreciated, but especially your prayers. We have been in daily contact with this family, so if you would like to help in any way, please contact me, Jennifer Saiz, at 372-4116 after 5 p.m., or Kimberly Snider at 372-5365 or 372-7965.
Hopefully, we can all pull together and shower this hurting family with love and support, letting them know that there are people out there that care and are willing to give of their time and money!