The San Saba County Commissioners Court met on Monday, August 29th at 9 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge, Byron Theodosis called the meeting to order.
Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The Court deliberated, discussed or took action on the following items:
1. Discussed a Tax Waiver for Housing Authority of the City of San Saba.
2. Approved Contract No. 711026, Amazing Grants, Inc. for exemption from SHPO review, Project Determination Form.
3. Approved to waive personal service in reference to the McConnell Estate Closure.
4. Approved resolution authorizing County Grant, Texas Department of Agriculture Home Delivered Meal Grant Program, in the amount of $414.00
5. Accepted resolution 2010-04, Central Texas Telephone Cooperative, Inc., Fiber Optic telephone cables buried in county Rights of Way, San Saba, with detailed designated locations in Precincts 1,2,3,4.
6. There was a discussion concerning the incorporated cities of San Saba County’s participation through interlocal agreements in appropriate county expenses.
7. Approved a one year Intergovernmental Contract between San Saba Central Appraisal District and San Saba County.
8. Approved retaining last year's Tax Rate of .7650 as the Proposed Tax Rate for FY 2011-2012.
9. After deliberation, there was no action on the request from the San Saba County Attorney’s office for new Software.
10. The Burn Ban will stay in effect for San Saba County because of drought conditions.
11. Approved the Accounts Payables presented by Treasurer Gayla Hawkins.
The Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase has been published in The San Saba News & Star as required. The two meetings will be held on Tuesday, September 6th at 5:00 p.m. and Monday, September 12th at 9:00 a.m. The Court will have a Commissioners Court at 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday, September 6th prior to the hearing. Commissioners Court will be held after the Monday, September 12th meeting.
Judge Theodosis adjourned the meeting. Attending the meeting were Commissioners Otis Judkins, Rickey Lusty, Kenley Kroll, Pat Pool; County Judge, Byron Theodosis and County Clerk, Kim Wells.