he San Saba ISD Board of Trustees held a regular meeting on Tuesday, July 19th at 6:00 PM in the Central Administration Office. President, Kim Kirk called the meeting to order, announced a quorum with Trustee Angela Johnson absent, and welcomed everyone to the meeting. Trustee, Kevin Shahan gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
Superintendent, Leigh Ann Glaze gave the following communications:
A. The next Board meeting will be Tuesday, August 9th at 5 p.m.
B. Gave the SECO audit results the estimated cost to update all facilities.
C. Reported upcoming dates.
D. The second budget workshop will be August 9th after the Board meeting.
E. Gave updates on the Vision 2020 Grant and the T3 Grant.
F. SSISD received a superior rating for financial integrity on the FIRST report.
G. Received a check in the amount of $573 from UIL net proceeds.
The Board approved the following Consent Agenda:
1. Regular minutes and Executive Session minutes from June 13th.
2. Amendments to 2010-2011 budget.
3. Allow and pay bills.
4. The financial report.
Michael Bohensky, Assistant Superintendent, gave the itinerary of the upcoming Conference Workshop and reported the Summer School had 19 Elementary students; Middle School l 1, and High School 9. The campus accountability report was distributed.
Athletic Director, Jeff Pannell reported: 70 student athletes received physicals at the Scott and White clinic on July 12th; Dillo Football Camp will be July 20th, 21st, 22nd; Texas High School Coaching School, July 24th - 27th; Lady Dillo Basketball Camp, July 25th - 28th;
July 28th - Football Parent Meeting, 5:30 PM; August 1st 2 a Days start; Cross Country practice starts August 8th; August 22nd - Middle School practice starts; August 25th - JV vs.
Ballinger There; August 26th - V vs. Ballinger Here; 60 football players.
High School Principal, Woody Martin reported on a 14 point plan for standard operating procedures and new initiatives for the high school students that will be implemented.
Action was taken on the following unfinished business:
a. The second reading of Policy Update 90 affecting local policies was discussed and will be adopted in August.
b. Revised the Graduation policy regarding Valedictorian, Salutatorian and Honor Graduates.
c.Approved PreKinder- garten Guidelines regarding fees and time schedule.
Action was taken on the following New Business Items:
1. All members approved no increase in the Tax Rate for 2010-2011.
2. The Board will meet at noon on August 30th to adopt 2011-2012 M&O Budget and I&S Budget and Tax Rates.
3. A majority vote for a November Bond Election was approved with Michael Deans oppossing.
4. Selected the 2011-2012 vendors for food, non-food items, fuel and oil.
5. Reviewed the Student Handbook.
6. Approved changes to the Student Code of Conduct.
7. Approved the teacher appraisal calendar and the appraisers.
8. Discussed the San Saba County Appraisal District proposed Budget. President, Kim Kirk will attend the Budget meeting for the Appraisal District at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 20th.
President, Kim Kirk adjourned the meeting at 9:42 with a short break before the Executive Session.