The San Saba County Commissiors Court met on Monday, May 9th at 9:00 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. In the absence of County Judge Byron Theodosis, Commissioner Rickey Lusty called the meeting to order, welcomed everyone and conducted the meeting. Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
County Sheriff, Allen Brown, gave information to the court regarding the increase in expenses due to changes in economy, out of county transports with higher gas amounts, and overtime paid to employees. An amendment to the budget will help the situation and will be on the agenda for the next Commissioners Court.
The Commissioners approved the following items:
1. Minutes of the previous Commissioners Court meeting.
2. The Clerk’s report by County Clerk, Kim Wells. Wells reported almost 400 early voters so far.
3. Treasurer’s report by County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins.
4. The Justice of the Peace report presented by Judge Les Dawson.
5. The County Sheriff’s report by Sheriff Allen Brown. Kenley Kroll verified the jail report.
6. Order prohibiting certain fireworks in unincorporated areas of San Saba County.
7. The authorization of an agreement with North San Saba Water Supply Corp. for the 2011 Small Towns Environment Program through the Texas Department of Rural Affairs for a Water Line Project. A grant to repair/replace/restore five miles of water line.
8. A Conservation Contract in Pct. 2.
9. The accounts payables presented by County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins.
Departmental reports were received from the following: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; County Extension Agents; County Indigent Health Care Program Director; County Grant Writer; County EMS Billing; County Emergency Management Coordinator; County On-Site Sewage Facility Manage-ment Coordinator; County 9-1-1 Coordinator; County Trapper.
Action and non-action was taken on the following items:
A. County Emergency Management Coordinator, Marsha Hardy, gave information regarding EMS services.
B. Reviewed information concerning replacement of the amplifier on the 3rd floor of the Courthouse requested by the District Judge in the amount of $199.99.
C. The 1989 car owned by the County needs a tune up and new tires. There was a discussion about replacing the car.
D. The Burn Ban was lifted on May 2nd and will remain lifted.
E. The next Commissioners Court will be Friday, May 20th at 9 a.m.
Commissioner Lusty adjourned the meeting. Those attending the meeting were: County Com-missioners Pat Pool, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Clerk, Kim Wells; County Trea-surer, Gayla Hawkins; County Coordinator, Marsha Hardy; Chief Deputy, Bill Price; County Sheriff, Allen Brown; Jail Administrator, Brenda Willis; Justice of the Peace, Judge Les Dawson; San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith.