The time is drawing near for the annual Burnet County Area Fair, and once again area artists will be showcasing their paintings, drawings, sculptures, and mixed media creations in the Fine Arts Division. This year the fair will be held on Friday and Saturday, June 10
Artists from Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Lampasas, Llano, San Saba, Travis, and Williamson Counties are eligible to submit one entry in each of the following categories:
1. OIL PAINTING (oil, enamel, alkyd, encaustic)
2. CHINA PAINTING
3. WATERCOLOR (watercolor, tempera, gouache or any media used transparently on paper)
4. ACRYLIC PAINTING (casein, acrylic and egg tempera)
5. DRAWINGS (Anything drawn with pencil, crayon, pastel, charcoal, chalk, pen and ink, or any mixture of these)
6. SCULPTURE (metal, clay, wood, or stone)
7. MIXED MEDIA (more than one medium and collages)
Ribbons will be awarded for first, second, and third places in each category for the following three age groups: Adults (age 18 and older), Senior Youth (ages 12-17), and Youth (under age 12). In addition, a Best of Division award will be given for each age group.
Entries will be accepted on Thursday, June 9
Questions about the Fine Arts Division can be sent to email@example.com. More information and the Rules for Exhibition can be found at the fair web site: burnetcountyfair.com. The Rules for Exhibition will also be available upon request at the Burnet Farmers Market, which opens on May 7
Contact: Rosalyn Lackey, President, Burnet County Area Fair Committee of the Burnet Fair & Rodeo Association, P.O. Box 153, Burnet, TX 78611, 512-355-2021, firstname.lastname@example.org
th and 11th at the Burnet County Fairgrounds.th from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Public viewing will be held from 9:00am to 8:00 pm on Friday and Saturday, June 10th and June 11th. Entry pickup will be from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm on Sunday, June 12th.th.