The annual Central Texas Pecan Short course will be conducted by the Texas AgriLife Extension Office in Mills County on March 29 with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m. and program presentations will begin at 9:00a.m with conclusion at 3:00 p.m. The program will be held at the Mills County Civic Center located at 1103 Cline in Goldthwaite.
This program will educate producers on the best management practices available. There will also be equipment set up to allow producers to see what is available.
Topics and speakers will include:
· Pecan Market Update, Dewayne McCasland, Owner SNT/Pecans.com, Goldthwaite
· Disease and Control Options, Dr. Larry Stein, AgriLife Extension Horticulturist, Uvalde
· Pecan IPM Strategies, Bill Ree, AgriLife Extension Entomologist, College Station
· On Year Pecan Crop Load Management, Monte Nesbitt, AgriLife Extension Pecan Specialist, College Station
· Revitalizing Native Pecan Groves, Dr. Larry Stein, AgriLife Extension Horticulturist, Uvalde
· Laws and Regulations, Mr. Scott Anderson, County Extension Agent, Brown County
A total of 5 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) will be offered for participants. These will include 3 General, 1 Laws & Regulations, and 1 IPM.
Individual pre-registration is by March 22 and is $20.
For more information or to pre-register, call the AgriLife Extension Office in Mills County at 325-648-2650.