The Spring T.O.S. meeting will be held in Junction, Texas. This is a great opportunity for bird enthusiasts to sharpen their skills and see some beautiful country that is only a short drive from the San Saba area. Meeting events will be held at the pastoral Texas Tech-Junction campus along the South Llano River. This includes registration, Thursday and Friday night presentations, as well as the Saturday night banquet. The Saturday Keynote Speaker will be Kent Rylander, Ph.D., author of the book, The Behavior of Texas Birds. Dr. Rylander is looking forward to joining fellow TOS members for this occasion. Thursday evening we’ll enjoy hearing topics of interest for Texas birders. Friday night’s presentation will offer a new challenge:
The Birder’s Pub Quiz. Prizes will be presented to the winning teams. Get your group ready to participate! The Saturday keynote speech will immediately follow the catered banquet.
Friday and Saturday field trips will be led by outstanding trip leaders to areas which should hold exciting spring migrants and other interesting area birds. For more information and registration materials go to: http://www.texasbirds.org and click on "Spring 2011 Meeting". You may want to go for the day or stay all four days. Either way a beginning birder or advanced will be assured of fun in the outdoors and some outstanding birds.
Questions regarding registration and/or field trips should be directed to:
Email: email@example.com OR Telephone: (281) 440-6364
The following is a list of field trips for Friday & Saturday (for detailed information go the website listed above)
1. South Llano River State Park.
2. Lost Maples State Natural Area.
3. Kerr Wildlife Management Area.
4. Kickapoo Caverns State Park.
5. Junction area birding hotspots.
6. Kimble county century club trip.
7. Edwards county century club trip.
8. Mason county century club trip.
9. Menard county century club trip.
10. Schleicher county century club trip.
11. Sutton county century club trip.
12. Concan area birding.
13. Beginning Bird Trip – S. Llano River State Park, Junction sewage ponds.
14. Hiking and birding in the Walter Buck WMA.
15. Birding the Kerrville area.
Owls and nightjars of the Junction area
(THURSDAY NIGHT ONLY)