Interest in Freemasonry had grown so strong that on 28 March 1903, a group of Master Masons belonging to the lodge, along with those who were either a wife, widow, mother, sister or daughter of a Master Mason in good standing, met for the purpose of making application to the Grand Chapter of Texas, Order of Eastern Star (OES) for permission to organize a chapter. The dispensation was granted 2 April 1903, and on 21 April 1903, at 1:30 P.M. those who signed the request and having paid their charter fees of $1.50 were admitted to the order. From that point forward, San Saba Chapter No. 191 provided the opportunity for both men and women to serve the interests of Freemasonary side by side.
The earliest minutes of the lodge begin with the 9 January 1909 meeting. The minutes confirm that the lower floor was rented to a business owned by Henry Harvey for $35.00 per month. By this time, the tax supported public school had been established; therefore the lower floor could be used to generate needed revenue. The early minutes also suggest that the new building was financed by notes from the membership that would mature in 1914.
The lodge was active in the community. During 1908, plans were made to erect the present day courthouse and by 1911, enough work had been accomplished to set the cornerstone. On 6 January a special called communication was held at 2:00 P.M., in which a dispensation was read from the Grand Lodge. The craft assembled at the courthouse, the public ceremonies were conducted, and the cornerstone was ceremoniusly was set. The following year the lodge joined other local businesses in a co-op plan to equip the building next door for a US post office. Whatever plans existed were extinguished by a mysterious fire 3 March 1913. The entire lodge was destroyed including furniture, working tools, charters and all minutes prior to 1909. The loss was estimated at $8,000.00. Active community involvment would wane as internal problems and rebuilding would take precedent.