The San Saba ISD Board of Trustees met on Monday evening, June 9th. President Darrin Barker called the meeting to order, followed by the invocation. Everyone joined in for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
Superintendent Leigh Ann Glaze gave recognition of the accomplishments of the San Saba Baseball Team. It was also noted and appreciated that all of the Trustees supported and attended the games. Shelby Hardy will be honored by the Texas State Governor on champions Day at the State Capitol for her accomplishments in golf.
Milly Summy, Technology Director, gave a presentation of the new website. There are some restricted areas where a confidential password is needed; pictures are copyrighted with no access to print; a public area; administrative area; office area; and documents, schedules, and forms, as well as many other features.
Superintendent Glaze reported that there were 347 in attendance at the District dinner that included a wonderful meal and door prizes. A new procedure has been implemented to interview people leaving school employment. This will help give Administration and others feedback for future benefit. The District Office will be closed from June 30th through July 4th. Bob Whitten, Ashley Stewart, and Leigh Ann Glaze will attend a "budget" boot camp on June 20th.
The school principals were not in attendance for the meeting because they were in Austin at a conference.
Assistant Superintendent Ashley Stewart presented the scores for TAKS results and announced that retesting dates will be coming up soon. Ms. Stewart also went over changes in the handbook and student conduct codes.
President Barker presented the following and after some discussion, the following Consent Agenda was approved:
• Minutes from May 12th regular Board meeting;
• Amended 2007-2008 Budget as needed;
• Pay bills;
• Financial Report;
• Transfers for 2008-2009 school year; and
• Out-of-state travel for FCCLA students and Mrs. Carter.
New Business was taken care of as follows:
• Approved changes in student code of conduct;
• Reviewed changes in student handbook;
• Approved acting as fiscal agent for HPU Teacher Quality Grant;
• Budget Workshop date set for Tuesday, June 17th at 5:30 p.m.;
• First reading was established for "Oikuct Yodate 83," affecting local policies;
• Approved salary schedules for 2008-2009 school year;
• Will review interest rates to consider moving funds to investment pool or Certificates of Deposit; and
• Approved leasing Mill Pond Park's track, and baseball and softball fields, pending on City Council's approval.
After a short break, the Trustees met for an Executive Session. Superintendent Glaze related that during the Executive Session, the following actions were taken:
• SSISD Board accepted the following resignations with regrets: Dustin and Kelley Glidewell; Jenny Bowden, Randal Alford, Rocky Whitely, and Gale Ivy; and
• SSISD Board hired the following personnel: Shay Easterwood (High School) - Social Studies; Brandi Easterwood (5th and 6th grades) - Math; Michael Easterwood (High School) - Science; and Pam Casco - Elementary teacher.
Those in attendance at the meeting were: Superintendent Leigh Ann Glaze; Assistant Superintendent Ashley Stewart; President Darrin Barker; Vice President Marcie Maxcey; Secretary Bob Whitten; Trustees - Elmo Davis, Angela Johnson, and Kim Kirk; and San Saba News reporter, Alice Smith.