On Tuesday, May 27th at 5:00 p.m., the City Council of San Saba met for a "called" meeting. The meeting was called to order by Stan Weik, City Manager. There were no citizens present for Public Comment. The following Action Items were discussed and approved:
1. Resolution 2005-15 authorized the City to enter into an agreement with TxDOT to close Wallace Street/Hwy 190 on June 21, 2008 for the rodeo parade; and
2. Resolution 2008-16 authorized the City to enter into a lease agreement for the procurement of golf course equipment.
The called meeting was adjourned and a planning session in regards to the sewer treatment plant was conducted. Charles Keith represented Jacob & Martin Consulting Engineers of Abilene, Texas and distributed a detailed report after inspecting the sewer treatment plant. The report included what is contributing to the sludge problem; what cannot be put in sewers; test results; requirements for new businesses; and inspections. After some discussion with the Water Superintendent, Buddy Whitley, the Council agreed upon the following:
• Mr. Keith is to present a cost amount to implement plans to take care of the sludge problem and other repairs and renovations for the budget committee;
• The Council will inquire about grants to help finance the cost of these repair and renovation expenses of the sewer treatment plant; and
• The Council will have the City Attorney go over the report presented by Mr. Keith to get a legal perspective of the situation.
Those attending the meeting were: Aldermen: Martha Leigh Whitten and Ken Jordan; Stan Weik, City Manager; Cindy Stafford, City Secretary; Buddy Whitley, Water Superintendent; Charles Keith of Jacob & Martin Consulting Engineers; and Alice Smith, San Saba News & Star reporter.