The San Saba County Commissioners Court met on Monday, September 27th at 9 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge, Byron Theodosis, called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone to the court. Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the Texas and American flags.
Sheriff, Allen Brown gave the following information:
1. Safety measures at the jail are being implemented for certain inmates.
2. In the process of hiring five part time employees at the jail. They are completing their training online.
3. The Department is accepting bids for cameras. Public help with the finances is needed because of the cost.
4. Vandalism, burglaries, drunk drivers, drug dealers and manufacturers of illegal drugs, violence and misdemeanors have been keeping the officers busy.
5. Certain inmates are available to work with supervision by a licensed jailer.
The Commissioners took action on the following items:
A. Approved an administrative order setting compensation and expenses of Court Reporters for 33rd & 424th Judicial District Court, presented by District/County Clerk, Kim Wells.
B. Approved two Conservation Contracts in Precinct 3 and one in Precinct 1.
C. Signed the contract to CAT Financial for Precinct 3 for payment of Maintainers for a five year contract.
D. Two part-time employees have been added to the County payroll.
E. Approved three line item transfers to the 09-10 Budget for Precincts #1, #3 and #4.
F. The Burn Ban will remain lifted at this time.
G. Approved the Accounts Payable presented by County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins.
H. Will update the conservation contract charges and go over information at the next Commissioners Court.
I. Set the next Commissioners Court for Tuesday, October 12th at 9 a.m. The County employees will be off for Columbus Day on Monday, October 11th.
Judge Theodosis adjourned the meeting. Those in attendance were: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; County Commissioners, Roger McGehee, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Clerk, Kim Wells; County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins; County Coordinator, Marsha Hardy; Chief Deputy, Bill Price; County Sheriff, Allen Brown; San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith.