The San Saba County Commissioners Court met on Monday August 9th at 9 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge Byron Theodosis called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone. Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
Reagan Burnham verified that the petition for the legal sale of all alcoholic beverages, including mixed beverages in the City of San Saba had been filed with the required papers and signatures. Therefore, the Commissioners unanimously approved to order an election to be held on November 2, 2010 for the citizens living in the city limits of San Saba to vote on this issue.
Lamar & Marilyn Johanson were visitors to the Court.
Attorney David Williams, representing The Historical Commission, discussed the conditions at the Wedding Oak Tree located on County Road 200 and the Beveridge Bridge. Both areas have been the sight of debris, trash, and overgrown brush. A Work Day will be scheduled for improvements so that they will look good as tourist attractions.
Non-Action Departmental Reports were accepted.
The Commissioners took action on the following items:
1. Approved the Minutes of the previous Commissioners Court meetings.
2. The Accounts Payable, presented by County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins, were approved to be paid. The Treasurer’s Report was also approved that included expenses and income as of June 2010 that showed within budget over all areas.
3. County Clerk, Kim Wells, reported routine work as usual. The Clerk’s Report was approved.
4. The County Justice of the Peace Report was approved.
5. The Election Judges list was read by County Clerk, Kim Wells and appointed for the November, 2010 Elections.
6. Approved to disburse San Saba County Airport Funds to the Airport Board with matching funds coming from The City of San Saba. The Funds will be used for needed improvements at the Airport.
7. After discussion and information from W.D. Carroll, there was no action taken concerning the San Saba County Scales.
8. Marsha Hardy, San Saba County Emergency Coordinator, reported that surrounding counties have Burn Bans in effect. After discussing the conditions in San Saba County, a motion was made to placea Burn Ban on the County, but it died for lack of second.
9. The next Commissioners Court will be Monday, August 23rd at 9 a.m.
10. A Special Meeting was set for Friday, August 13th at 9:30 a.m. On the Agenda will be Opening of Bids for maintainers for Precinct 3; Burn Ban discussion; and Budget Meeting.
Commissioner Kroll verified the Sheriff’s Jail Report and it was approved by the Commissioners.
Judge Theodosis adjourned the meeting. Those in attendance were: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; County Commissioners: Roger McGehee, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Clerk, Kim Wells; County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins; County Emergency Coordinator, Marsha Hardy; Administrative Assistant, Cathi Miles; Chief Deputy, Bill Price; Attorney David Williams; Reagan Burnham; Lamar and Marilyn Johanson; San Saba News and Star Reporter, Alice Smith.