The San Saba County Commissioners Court met on Tuesday, July 27th at 8 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge Byron Theodosis called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone. Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
Randy Henderson, Chief Appraiser, County Appraisal District, explained the funding entity of the Road & Bridge Tax and the Farm to Market Flood Control Tax. The Road & Bridge Tax gives landowners an exemption which is what is in place at this time.
The Commissioners took action on the following:
1. Approved a Conservation Contract in Pct. 2.
2. Will advertise bids for a Maintainer in Pct. 3 with opening of bids Wednesday, July 28th.
3. Approved removing use exception for religious activities at Rylander Library.
4. Tabled taking action concerning the San Saba County scales.
5. Approved payment of the Accounts Payables presented by County Treasurer Gayla Hawkins.
6. The Burn Ban was lifted on July 6th and will remain lifted.
7. Set the next Commissioners Court for Monday, August 9th at 9 a.m.
Marsha Hardy, County Coordinator, gave the Court House Restoration plans to the Commissioners that the Committee presented Thursday, July 22nd when they came to look over the Courthouse.
Judge Theodosis adjourned the meeting. Attending the meeting were: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; Commissioners, Roger McGehee, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; Chief Appraiser, Randy Henderson; County Clerk, Kim Wells; County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins; County Coordinator, Marsha Hardy; Chief Deputy, Bill Price; San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith.