The San Saba County Commissioners Court met Monday, May 24th in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge Byron Theodosis called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone .
Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
County Sheriff Allen Brown introduced the new deputy in training, James Barrows. Sheriff Brown reported on the following:
a. A regulation that will require a new employee to pay the County for their uniform if they resign within two years is in the process of being implemented.
b. Explained Item #4 on the agenda that is a Tobacco Compliance Grant application for local law enforcement agencies for educational purposes for students in schools. The grant is for $500 to $2500 and is no cost to the county.
c. Only five prisoners are jailed out of the County at this time and none in Abilene.
d. Projects at the jail are completed except one.
e. The sheriff is going to check on a possible rabies case in the County.
Bob Usrey and Kermit Biermann, representatives of Central Texas Telephone Coop, Inc. gave information regarding a request to bury fiber optic telephone cable in San Saba County right-of-ways. They will contact the commissioners when working in their precinct. After some discussion, the commissioners approved the request.
The commissioners took action on the following:
1. A conservation contract in Pct. 4 was approved.
2. Approved to accept two free HP computers to Rylander Memorial Library from Hill Country Community Action Association.
3. Approved the Tobacco Compliance Grant application presented by Sheriff Brown.
4. Reagan Burnham confirmed that the requirements have been met to order an election for the legal sale of all Alcoholic Beverages in the City of San Saba. The Commissioners approved to order the election.
5. The payment of bills presented by County Treasurer Gayla Hawkins was approved to be paid.
6. The next Commissioners Court will be held Monday, June 14th at 9 a.m.
The Commissioner’s discussed the conditions in the County and rejected enacting a Burn Ban.
Judge Theodosis adjourned the meeting. Those in attendance were: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; County Commissioners: Roger McGehee, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Clerk, Kim Wells; County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins; Administrative Assistant, Cathi Miles; Justice of Peace, Les Dawson; Jail Administrator, Brenda Willis; CTTC representatives, Bob Usrey and Kermit Biermann; Reagan Burnham, Larry Davis, Jerilyn McKinney; County Sheriff, Allen Brown; Deputy, James Barrows; San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith.