The Commissioners' Court meeting on Monday afternoon, April 28th, was called to order by Judge Byron Theodosis, followed by Roger McGehee with the invocation and the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
There were no concerned citizens to report any issues. The following Action Items were discussed, with action taken or tabled:
• There was discussion regarding signing checks in the absence of the County Treasurer. Certain qualifications need to be considered so this item was tabled.
• County Treasurer Gayla Hawkins asked if there were any questions regarding the Accounts Payable items presented prior to the meeting. Everything appeared to be in good order, so there was an unanimous vote to pay these items.
• County Attorney David Williams presented a revised and up-to-date official county road map. The proper procedure is to have a legal notice in the newspaper, which is in the process of running four weeks. Attorney Williams also has a digital copy of the road map. The Court unanimously voted to approve the road map and have it accessible to the public.
• Discussed increasing the current .34 cents per mile travel reimbursement amount. It was unanimously approved to increase the travel mileage amount to be the same as the state mileage rate, which is approximately 50.5 cents at this time.
• Unanimously approved proposed amendments and/or Line Item Transfers to the 2007-2008 budget.
Being no further business on the Agenda, the meeting was adjourned.
Those in attendance at the meeting were: Judge Byron Theodosis; Commissioners Roger McGehee, Kenley Kroll, Otis Judkins, and Ricky Lusty; Kim Wells, County and District Clerk; Cathi Miles, Administrative Assistant; David Williams, County Attorney; Marsha Hardy, County Coordinator; Gayla Hawkins, County Treasurer; Court Bailiff Mike Edgmon; and Alice Smith, reporter for the San Saba News & Star.