The annual Central Texas Pecan Short course will be conducted by the Texas AgriLife Extension Office in Mills County from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on March 30. The program will be held at the Mills County Civic Center located at 1103 Cline in Goldthwaite.
This program will educate producers on the best management practices available. There will also be equipment set up to allow producers to see what is available.
Topics and speakers will include:
• Pecan Market Update, Dewayne McCasland, Owner SNT/Pecans.com, Goldthwaite
• Disease and Control Options, Dr. Larry Stein, AgriLife Extension Horticulturist, Uvalde
• Pecan IPM Strategies, Bill Ree, AgriLife Extension Entomologist, College Station
• Nut Phenology and Nutrition, Monte Nesbitt, AgriLife Extension Pecan Specialist, College Station
• Pecan Tree Care in the Home Landscape, Wade Hibler, AgriLife Extension Agent, Burnet County
• Laws and Regulations, Benji Parham, Texas Department of Agriculture
• Water Management, Dr. Larry Stein, AgriLife Extension Horticulturist, Uvalde
A total of 4 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) will be offered for participants. These will include 2 General, 1 Laws & Regulations, and 1 IPM.
Individual pre-registration by March 26 is $5 and $10 after that. The fee covers educational materials and lunch.
For more information or to pre-register, call the AgriLife Extension Office in Mills County at 325-648-2650.