The San Saba County Commissioners' Court met at 9 a.m. on Monday, March 22nd in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge Byron Theodosis called the meeting to order. Commissioner Roger McGehee gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
There was a presentation from Ron Wilson and Chris Luikart from Austin regarding a health-care option for seniors, 65 and older. More information is needed to consider this an option for the County’s employees 65 and older.
The Commissioner’s took action on the following items:
1. Approved the accounts payable presented by County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins.
2. Approved the Texas Department of Transportation certified mileage for San Saba County.
3. Approved Resolution #2010-03 supporting the appointment of County Judge Byron Theodosis as a voting member on the Lower Colorado Regional Water Planning Group - Region K.
4. Approved an Oil & Gas Lease Agreement between Rylander Memorial Library and Mewbourne Oil Company.
5. Approved an Oil & Gas Lease Agreement between Rylander Memorial Library and Noble Energy, Inc.
6. Set the next Commissioners Court date for Tuesday, April 13th at 9 a.m.
The following items were tabled:
A. Report from the Child Welfare Board.
B. Duties of Supervisors/employees and payment schedule by Sheriff Brown.
C. Paperwork needed for a payment to Llano Memorial Healthcare System.
The following items were discussed or reported.
a. The jail inspection passed with certification.
b. NRCS document will be signed at the next commissioners court.
c. The national healthcare bill and the latest update in Washington, DC.
d. The EMS crisis and the need for a meeting with them.
Judge Theodosis adjourned the meeting. Those in attendance at the meeting were: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; County Commissioners: Roger McGehee, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Clerk, Kim Wells; Administrative Assistant, Cathi Miles; County Treasurer, Gayla Hawkins; County Coordinator, Marsha Hardy; Chief Deputy, Bill Price; City Manager, Stan Weik; County Appraisal Agent, Randy Henderson; Justice of the Peace, Les Dawson; Chris Luikart, Ron Wilson and San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith.