The San Saba City Council met for a regular meeting on Monday, December 21st at 6:00 p.m. Councilman Shawn Oliver called the meeting to order. After the invocation, everyone joined for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The Joe Ragsdale Employee of the Month was awarded to Larry Alderson. Larry has worked for the City of San Saba for 18 years and will enjoy a day off with pay and the carryall cart.
The following items were approved:
1. Minutes from the November 16th Council Meeting.
2. Payment of bills.
3. Resolution No. 2009-29, reappointing members and appointing Sharon Clawson for a three year term to the San Saba Planning and Zoning Commission.
4. Resolution No. 2009-29, reappointing members of Keep San Saba Beautiful Commission.
5. Resolution No. 2009-30, reappointing members of San Saba Economic Development Corporation.
6. Resolution No. 2009-31, authorizing the signatures required for implementation of the Texas Community Development Block Grant Program Fund.
7. Resolution No. 2009-21, approving contract between City and County for the Emergency Management Coordinator position.
After a short discussion, the Council approved the 380 Agreement with Duckwell/Alco Stores and City of San Saba for sales tax rebates for a certain amount of time.
City Manager Stan Weik reported that he met with lawyers regarding the Water Park law suit, talked about the Christmas Parade where all departments were involved, the cold weather causing water lines breaking keeping crews busy, and everyone enjoyed the Christmas Parties.
Tony Guidroz reported the progression of the new businesses, skate night/movie night is enjoyed by many children and adults, Pecan Trade Day will be January 2nd at the Civic Center, and the Youth Fair will be in January.
Al Hamrick gave a Code Enforcer report on progress of new construction, a home demolished, a property remodeled instead of demolished, and a business dismantled. It was observed that Al was wearing the new city uniform and he is a certified code enforcement officer, passing the exam.
Wayne Yarbrough gave a Water/Wastewater report. Wayne will be sending out letters for bids for the restoration of the water tank/sewer plant. Water samples are being taken for the yearly water quality report. He was also dressed in the new attire and mentioned the wellness and incentive pay given to employees.
Scott Glaze presented a video of the following: work at the construction site of Hill Country Transit; busted pipes due to weather conditions; sewer problems; house to be removed; Christmas Parade entries by all city departments; Christmas party and installation of antique lights at Millpond.
Those attending the meeting were: Councilmen Charles Peeler, Oleta Behrens, Marvin Riggs, Shawn Oliver; City Manager Stan Weik; Economic Development, Tony Guidroz; City Secretary, Gale Ivy; new office employee Sabrina Maultsby; Finance Director Charlene Lindsey; Water Dept., Wayne Yarbrough; Public Works Dept., Scott Glaze; Electric Dept., Roger Verette; Larry Alderson and wife Charlie; and San Saba News & Star Reporter Alice Smith.