Everyone’s lifestyle is too busy. So, why should be make a special effort to work in some exercise during the day when your list of things to do is already long. Here are several reasons why it is important and beneficial to you.
1. Energy. Exercise gives you energy to get the things done that you want done.
2. Mood Monitor. Exercise helps reduce the feeling of stress, anxiety and depression.
3. Good Sound Sleep. It improves your sleep so you will feel more rested when you get up in the morning.
4. Peak Performance. Exercise helps clear your head so you can concentrate on what you need to do.
5. Enhanced self-esteem. It helps boost your self-confidence by improving your strength, stamina, flexibility, appearance and sense of control.
6. Weight Watch. Exercise helps you shed extra pounds and abdominal fat—the fat most closely linked to heart disease—and maintain a healthy weight.
7. Heart Health. It reduces the risk of heart disease.
8. Cholesterol Count. Exercise helps increase the good cholesterol (HDL) and lower triglycerides.
9. Blood sugar balance. Exercise helps control your blood sugar levels if you have diabetes.
10. Bone benefit. Walking helps improve your bone density, reducing the risk of osteoporosis and fractures as you get older.
11. Handle hypertension. Exercise helps lower high pressure and the risk of stroke.
Source: Fitting Fitness In by the American Heart Association