The Pecan Valley American Red Cross Chapter is dedicated to helping people prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters.
DID YOU KNOW...Our small 1 1/2 person staff makes up 4% of our work force with the remaining 96% being volunteers. Your chapter serves four counties: Brown, Mills, McCulloch and San Saba.
DID YOU KNOW...The most common disaster we respond to is a single-family house fire. Your chapter last year responded to 13 residential fires and assisted 16 affected families with emergency food, shelter and supplies.
DID YOU KNOW...Through our services to the Armed Forces we have a worldwide network that reaches service members in time of family crisis. Your chapter assisted 138 military families last year.
DID YOU KNOW...Your chapter last year trained over 1,778 individuals in lifesaving skills such as first aid, CPR/FA, lifeguarding, and the Learn-to-Swim program.
NOW YOU KNOW...Your Red Cross makes a difference EVERYDAY in your community. If you would like to VOLUNTEER or need more information on the services we provide, please give us a call at 325-646-0196.
A raffle benefiting the Pecan Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is in progress. The drawing will be held April 1, 2008 at Arrowhead Bank at 10:00 a.m. You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets may be purchased at: Arrowhead Bank, Harry's, Jordan Cattle Auction, and McKinnerney Real Estate.