The Commissioners' Court meeting on Monday afternoon March 24th was called to order by Judge Byron Theodosis followed by Roger McGehee with the invocation and the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
There were no concerned citizens to report any issues.
Kevin Shahan, CPA, presented the detailed Audit Report and answered questions.
The following Action Items were discussed with action either taken or tabled:
1. Discussion regarding a survey, creating a retaining wall and leveling property at Allison Sisters Lot Nos. 16 & 17 for HUD Home program. George Amthor, County Surveyor, was called in for consultation along with Oscar Zepeda, County Worker. Judge Theodosis asked Cathi Miles, Administrative Assistant, to contact San Saba City officials to set up a meeting at the property.
2. Discussion regarding the Governor's State of Texas Burn Ban. The Governor's Burn Ban is a total "No Burn - No Exceptions" ban as compared with San Saba County's Burn Ban that has certain exemptions such as agriculture and fire department, etc. It was an unanimous decision to request to be removed from the Governor's proclamation and re-enact the San Saba County's Burn Ban. A call to the Governor's office produced the proper paperwork which was completed and signed by the Commissioners' Court.
3. Discussion regarding the condition of the pecan trees at the courthouse. An unanimous vote was taken to have Commissioner Kenley Kroll contact David Fry to take care of the broken limbs and assess the condition of the trees.
4. The Accounts Payable items were presented prior to the meeting and there was an unanimous vote to pay them.
5. There were no proposed amendments and/or Line Item Transfer for the 2008-2009 Budget presented at this time.
Judge Theodosis reported that he received notification of delays in repairing or refurbishing area bridges, including CR 110 (June 2009), CR 204 (June 2010), and CR 236 (June 2010).
County Attorney David Williams read the Regulations of Drought Conditions explained by law ordinances.
Being no further business on the agenda, the meeting was adjourned. The next regular meeting will be April 14, 2008.
Those in attendance at the meeting were: Judge Byron Theodosis; Commissioners Roger McGehee, Kenley Kroll, Otis Judkins and Ricky Lusty; Kim Wells, County and District Clerk; Gayla Hawkins, County Treasurer; County Attorney David Williams; Administrative Assistant Cathi Miles; Marsha Hardy, Coordinator; Brenda Land, County Tax Office; Kevin Shahan, CPA; and Alice Smith, San Saba News & Star Reporter.