Signups for free CTC computer and Internet classes in August are now being taken for Goldthwaite, San Saba, and Brady.
Classes will be held at the following locations:
• Goldthwaite - Central Texas Telephone Cooperative and Central Texas Communications Customer Service Center at 1011 Reilly Street.
• San Saba - Rylander Memorial Library at 103 S Liveoak across from the San Saba County Courthouse.
• Brady - McCulloch County Helping Hands Center at 906 E. 11th Street.
Free Internet Classes
The free classes are Beginner Computer, Basic Web , and Basic E-mail. Each class will be hands-on using Windows Vista laptop computers with demonstration, question, and answer periods.
- The Beginner Computer Class is designed for those that have never used a computer before or those who are just starting to use a computer. It will include the parts of a computer, how to use a mouse and keyboard, how to connect to the Internet, how take care of and protect your computer.
- The Basic Web Class will teach you how to use a Web browser, Internet Explorer, including how to use and organize favorites, and how to use a search engine.
- The Basic E-mail Class will teach you how to create, send, and receive e-mail, attachments, how to organize e-mail, and how to use an address book using the Centex WebMail and Windows Mail.
Although it is not a requirement, it is suggested that you attend the Beginner’s Class before the Basic Classes or at least be somewhat familiar with using a computer and the Internet.To see upcoming class dates, a schedule of classes for 2009, or to signup for a class see: http://www.centex.net/classesnew.php , or call 1-800-535-8904. Completing and submitting the form does not guarantee that a seat will be available or that a class will be held. Space is limited and seats will be filled based on when we receive your request. You can only signup for one class at a time.
Although you can take more than one class per day it is not recommended. You will receive a confirmation via e-mail within a few days after completing and submitting the form. Signups will be taken for each location’s next available class until it is full. Once that location’s class is full the next scheduled class will be opened for signups and those that have already signed up will receive priority placement in the next available class.Thanks for choosing Central Texas Communications!