One of the most enjoyable things to do as a family during the summer is purchase new school clothes. It’s a great time to spend together looking for that “just-right” outfit for the first day of school. As you and your children plow through the racks of clothing, please keep in mind the appropriate dress code guidelines specified in the San Saba ISD Student Handbook. Those guidelines are listed below and changes that have been made for the 09-10 school year have been noted in boldfaced type. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please contact the office of your child’s campus.
Appropriate Dress Code Guidelines:
1. Only the top two fasteners (buttons) of a shirt may be unfastened.
2. Male students shall be clean shaven with no facial hair and they must not have sideburns that extend lower than the bottom of the ear (no pork chop style sideburns)
3. Boys will not be allowed to wear earrings.
4. No boy’s hair may be longer than the top of the shirt collar. The hair must be clean, neatly combed, and out of the eyes and half of the ear must be visible. No unusual hair styles or hair color will be permitted (stripes, ponytails, or unusual colors). Final hair code violation decisions shall be that of the campus principal.
5. Shoes must be worn at all times.
6. Visible body or facial piercing, or tattoo’s (real or wash off) are not allowed. Tattoos must be covered.
7. No low cut, backless, crop tops, halters or midriffs shirts.
8. No sleeveless shirts for boys or tank or racer-back tops for girls in grades 5-12.
9. Shirts must be evenly hemmed if worn outside of the pants, shorts, skirt, etc. They may not hang lower than the finger tips length when arms are at rest by side.
10. No type of clothing may be worn that will expose any part of the stomach (abdominal) area even when arms are extended above the head.
11. Shorts are permissible the entire year at each of the schools. In grades 5 through 12, shorts must have a minimum of a five inch inseam and no shorter than finger tips length when arms are at rest by side.
12. No cut-off shorts will be allowed.
13. No hats, caps or other form of head gear may be brought inside of the buildings during the school day (7:55-3:43).
14. Skirts may be no shorter than a finger tips length when arms are at rest by side.
15. No saggy/ baggy pants or pants with holes shall be permitted. All pants shall be worn at the waist or as indicated by the manufacturer.
16. Proper undergarments must be worn at all times.
17. Belts must fit appropriately. Any extra length of belt must be tucked into the belt loops or in the pants. Extra length is considered more than 4 inches outside of the buckle.
18. Wallets may not be attached to the clothing by a chain.
19. No obvious house shoes or slippers.
20. No obvious pajamas or sleep wear.
21. No shoes with pop out rollers will be allowed on school property.