The 2nd quarter San Saba County/Scott & White blood drive will be held on Thursday, April 16th from 1-6pm at the Middle School Gym. Remember your basic guidelines for eligibility: a PICTURE ID is required, you must be at least 17 years old, you must weigh a minimum of 112 pounds, it’s always a good idea to eat a good meal [as in lunch] before donating, drink lots of water or juice before and after donating.
The Donation Process is really very simple. Here is the process broken down into 5 easy steps:
1. Registration: gathering some of your basic information such as your mailing address, phone number, date of birth and social security number for our records. ALL information is kept strictly confidential and stays within the Blood Center records only.
2. Mini Physical: checking your temperature, blood pressure, pulse and your iron to make certain you are feeling your best before you donate.
3. Interview: asking some medical and travel history questions to make sure the donation process will be safe for you as well as for the receiving patients.
4. Donate Blood: the shortest stretch of the process, the actual donation only takes an average of 5-10 minutes.
5. Eat Snacks and Get Free Stuff: after donating, you will sit in the refreshment area and enjoy a free snack. You will also receive a free donor t-shirt, a free hand squeezie and the chance to win the monthly grand prize drawing.
If you have any questions, or want to go ahead and set up an appointment, please contact Marsha Hardy at 372-8570.