It's that time again for Keep San Saba Beautiful Clean-up, registration to be held April 6th, 2013 at the Courthouse from 8:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. Refreshments and hamburgers will be provided.
The San Saba Transfer Station and Recycle Center will be open from 8:00a.m. to 1:00p.m. On this special day, there will be NO fees for disposal of residential materials from San Saba City and County residents.
Volunteers during the April 6, 2013 clean-up are eligible for a drawing. Prizes include: free yard mowing service (Mike Argote Lawn Service), oil changes (Hamricks Automotive), dinner for two (Bar D Brew House), home decor item (Everetts Furniture), pecan basket (Alamo Pecan), plant (Hawg Waller), $40 Go Nut Bucks (Chamber of Commerce), summer swim pass for 2 (City of San Saba), 4 rounds of golf (San Saba Municipal Golf Course) and beauty products (Salon 111) and (Cuttin' Up).
This year KSSB is having a drawing with a LG 42" plasma TV as the grand prize. To be eligible for the drawing, residents need to complete a Data Form and return it to City Hall or the San Saba Transfer Station and Recycling Center. Data Forms will be mailed out or filled out during clean-up. You may enter each time you clean up/fix up/improve an area. The drawing will be held on November 11, 2013.
Residents can participate with KSSB in several ways and be eligible for the grand prize drawing:
• By picking up, fixing up, cleaning up, planting and trimming not only your property but also in your neighborhood. Extend beyond your own property line and take care of roadsides, ditches, and public right-of-ways near you. Reach out and help a neighbor if they have a big project or just need a helping hand.
• By volunteering to pick up litter on one of our highways or in our parks.
• By making an effort at least once per quarter to improve your property or your neighborhood.
• By reporting your results. No matter how you choose to participate, KSSB wants to hear about your efforts and results. Please take a moment to complete the KSSB Data Form and return it to City Hall or the San Saba Transfer Station and Recycling Center.
• On Cleanup Party days, let us know you are out working by stopping by the Courthouse Square and signing up with KSSB.