The San Saba County Commissioners Court was held Monday, March 11th at 9:00 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. Commissioner Rickey Lusty called the court to order and welcomed everyone. Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The following County Official and Departmental reports were approved subject to audit: County/District Clerk, County Treasurer, County Justice of the Peace, County Sheriff and Jail. County Sheriff Steve Boyd reported that the Deputies are Certified for the taser. Information for non-action departmental reports were also received.
Action was taken on the following items:
1. Approved the Resolution strongly opposing the passage of HB 958 which proposes to reduce the interest crediting rate on all Texas County and District Retirement System funds from 7% to 5%.
2. Approved Resolution opposing Unfunded Mandates.
3. Approved Resolution opposing the passage of HB 2546 and the establishment of a Watermaster on the San Saba River in Texas.
4. Accepted the Texas Department of Transportation Advance Funding agreement CSJ #092323025 - CR 433 at the Colorado River off-system bridge.
5. County Attorney Randy Robinson gave an update on an Interlocal Agreement with City of San Saba Animal Control, getting information and researching.
6. Approved 1 Amendment and 1 Line Item Transfer to the ’12-’13 Budget presented by County Treasurer, Lois VanBeck; also approved the Accounts Payables.
7. Approved minutes of the previous Commissioners Court. Commissioner Judkins reported that a citizen inquired about a new Airport Hanger.
County Treasurer, Lois VanBeck reported that the interest on a CD in the amount of $100,000 has not been allocated to the county school districts since 2004. Action will be taken on this at the next Commissioners Court.
Commissioner Lusty adjourned the Court at 9:35 a.m. to convene in a Closed Session at the request of County Attorney Robinson. Attending Court were: Commissioners Pat Pool, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Attorney, Randy Robinson; County Clerk, Kim Wells; County Treasurer, Lois VanBeck; Administrative Assistant, Cathi Miles; County Sheriff, Steve Boyd; Judge Les Dawson; and San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith