The San Saba City Council held a regular monthly meeting on Monday, February 11th at 6:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers. Mayor Ken Jordan called the meeting to order, announced a quorum present with Alderman Oleta Behrens absent, and gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The Employee of the Month award was presented to Luis Rios, a Street Department employee. The First Quarter Supervisor award was presented to Junior Harrell of the Maintenance Department.
The following Consent Agenda items were approved:
1. Minutes from the January 14th Council meeting.
2. Payment of bills presented to City Council.
3. The Joint Election agreement with SSISD.
4. The Notice of Joint School & City Election.
5. The Order of Election.
6. Resolution No. 2013-02 waiving noise ordinance for May 4th at the Gazebo at Mill Pond Park.
7. Resolution No. 2013-03 waiving noise ordinance for March 9th at the Gazebo at Mill Pond Park.
The Council took action on the following items:
A. Approved Resolution No. 2013-04 commencing the annexation of an abutting roadway; accepting the petition for annexation of two contiguous tracts of land - a triangle area pertaining to the Risien Park, Hill Country Inn and CR 102; and setting an annexation schedule.
B. Approved the Financial Audit presented by Kevin Shahan, CPA.
Reports were given by Stan Weik, City Manager; Scott Glaze, Public Works Director; Wayne Yarbrough,Water Dept. Supervisor; Tony Guidroz, Tourism/Economic Development; Mike Argote, Electric Dept; and Gale Ivy, City Secretary.
The next Regular City Council meeting will be Tuesday, March 12th at 6:00 p.m.