The San Saba County Commissioners Court was held Monday, February 11th at 9 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge Byron Theodosis called the court to order and welcomed everyone. Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
The following county officials and departmental reports were approved subject to audit: County/District Clerk, Kim Wells; County Treasurer, Lois VanBeck; County Justice of the Peace, Judge Les Dawson; County Sheriff, Steve Boyd. Commissioner Kroll verified the Jail report.
The following non-action departmental reports were received: County Extension Agents, County Trapper, and other departments.
Discussion/Action/Information was taken on the following items:
1. Approved Courthouse office space on the first floor for the Juvenile Probation Officer.
2. Administrative Assistant, Cathi Miles gave information regarding grant money to replace the Courthouse roof.
3. County Sheriff Steve Boyd reported that the new tax office relocating to the 1st floor of the Courthouse will be completed this week.
4. County Attorney Randy Robinson was appointed to be the liaison between San Saba County and the City of San Saba to explore joint operations for Animal Control. Robinson will meet with Scott Meador, City of San Saba Animal Control.
5. County Treasurer Lois Van Beck was authorized to set up a new bank account for the county's EMS which will be separate from the non-profit volunteer account.
6. No action was taken to reinstate the Burn Ban, relying on people in the area to use extreme caution when burning outside.
7. Approved to pay bills presented by County Treasurer Lois VanBeck.
8. Set the next Commissioners Court to be Monday, February 25th at 9 a.m.
According to Judge Theodo-sis, the public needs to be aware that there is a sign on the door of the Justice of the Peace Office on the first floor of the Courthouse reading: DO NOT ENTER if you are wearing cologne or aftershave. An employee in this office is extremely allergic to these and has been hospitalized on several occasions with severe complications when subjected to cologne, or aftershave. The courthouse employees are aware of this situation and request the public's assistance.
With no further business, the court was adjourned.
The following attended the Court session: County Judge, Byron Theodosis; County Commissioners Pat Pool, Kenley Kroll, Rickey Lusty, Otis Judkins; County Treasurer, Lois VanBeck; County Clerk, Kim Wells; Administrative Assistant, Cathi Miles; County Sheriff, Steve Boyd; County Attorney, Randy Robinson; County Coordinator/Indigent Health, Marsha Hardy; Judge Les Dawson, and San Saba News & Star Reporter, Alice Smith.