The San Saba County Commissioners Court was held Wednesday, December 26th at 9:00 a.m. in the County Judge’s Chambers. County Judge Byron Theodosis called the Court to order with Commissioner Rickey Lusty absent and welcomed everyone.
Commissioner Kenley Kroll gave the invocation followed by everyone joining for the pledges to the American and Texas flags.
Action was taken on the following items:
1. Approved the 2013 San Saba County Resolution Indigent Defense Grant Program. Judge Theodosis read and signed the Resolution to accept the grant. It was attested and signed by County Clerk, Kim Wells.
2. Approved the renewal of Workmen’s Compensation Insurance through Texas Association of Counties.
3. Approved for Central Texas Telephone Coop., Inc. to utilize existing Plow Ducts that are located along and across County Roads 308, 310, 346 and 350.
4. Approved Resolution No. 2012-36, an Interlocal Agreement between the City of San Saba, County of San Saba and Office Emergency Management requiring that an Emergency Management Coordinator serve as staff advisor to the County Judge, Mayor, and City Manager on emergency management matters. Judge Theodosis and County Coordinator, Marsha Hardy signed the Resolution.
5. Discussed Payroll Direct Deposit through San Saba County Treasurers office.
6. Discussed “Years of Service Recognition”.
7. The Burn Ban will remain in effect for San Saba County.
8. Approved the accounts Payables with voiding a duplicate voucher.
9. Set the next Commissioners Court for Monday, January 14th, 9:00 a.m.
Judge Theodosis reported that County officials will be “sworn in” sometime this week to start their duties January 1st. The Judge also reported that County Appraiser, Randy Henderson, has resigned and the Appraisal District will be hiring a replacement.
There being no further business, Judge Theodosis adjourned the court.