Frequently Asked Questions about the Youth Fair
1. Do I need to pre-register Youth Fair Entries? NO.
All you need to do is bring them on January 15th from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. to the Senior Center.
2. Does it cost to enter the Youth Fair? No.
3. Where do I take my entry?
To the Senior Center on 705 E. Story Street.
4. In the photography category there are several entries listed as a photo story? What is that?
A sequentce of 3-6 pictures that tell a story or have a theme. Some examples would include:
A Day in the Life of My Cat/Dog/ Rabbit, A sunset, Steps in Making Brownies, Steps in Making a Model Airplane.
5. How do I mount my entries for the Photography Category?
If it is a single photography, cut cardboard, posterboard or foam board the size of the entry and glue, tape, etc. the photograph to the board.
If it is a photo story glue, tape, etc. the photographs to a piece of poster board.
6. What is a Collage Poster?
It is a piece of poster board that is completely covered with pictures.
For example cats, food or your favorite football team’s pictures and articles.
7. What is a 3D poster?
A poster that has length, width or depth. For example: The poster’s theme is Indians and it has a tepee made from construction paper on it.
8. What is the difference between 1 dimensional and 3 dimensional in the educational category?
One dimensional is a report on Jim Bowie or a poster on the planets. An example of 3 dimensional would be a bridge built out of toothpicks or the Alamo built out of sugar cubes.
9. Can I enter a cheese cake in the food category? No.
Food requiring refrigeration will only receive a participation ribbon due to food safety concerns.
10. How should I display my food entry?
Foods need to be covered with saran, plastic wrap or the equivalent and placed on a non-breakable container container such as a paper or plastic plate.
11. What size does my single photograph need to be?
5x7 or 8x10
12. Does an art entry need to be framed or matted? NO.
13. Where can I find a copy of the Youth Fair Rules?
Call the San Saba Extension Office at 372-5416 for a copy or look on the