Armadillo Football Turns one hundred
Submitted by Edgar on Wed, 08/06/2014 - 9:30pm
By Tim Gates.
This past Monday, August 4, saw over 35 players report for the annual rite-of-passage known as two-a-days to begin the football season. This season marks the 100th year of San Saba Armadillo football. The first known season was in 1915 when the San Saba team had a 4-3 record. The Armadillo mascot did not come about until a few years later.
Rate this article:
- Richland Springs Coyotes defeat Mt. Calm 98-53 to claim Area Championship
- LADY COYOTES GIVE TEAM EFFORT TO BEAT LOMETA LADY HORNETS
- Richland Springs advances to area game with 70-22 win over walnut Springs
- San Saba ISD Middle School competes in UIL Virtual Meet
- Richland Springs Pee Wee 6-Man football key to successful high school program