Colorado Bend State Park undergoing exciting changes
Submitted by Edgar on Wed, 01/29/2014 - 6:48pm
Submitted by Bob Davis, Bend, TX.
You might say that Mill Pond's loss was Colorado Bend's gain. When San Saba City workers encountered a very large limestone boulder impeding the reconstruction of Mill Pond, City and State authorities decided to make that impressive rock the entrance to Colorado Bend State Park. That rock, sporting a new logo designed by park staff, welcomes the approximately 50,000 visitors a year to the state park which, itself, is undergoing a transformation. Prior to the current drought over half of the park visitors were fishermen attracted to the annual white bass run which usually starts about this time of year.
Rate this article:
- County approves EMS agreement with Capital EMS and discusses formation of Emergency Services District
- Outstanding District 7 4-H volunteers recognized
- Garrett Ratliff places 2nd in State Guitar Flat Picking Championship
- Local students and adults travel to Spain
- Cherokee Volunteer Fire Department Fish Fry, Raffle and Auction to be held September 6th