San Saba Garden Club holds October meeting
Submitted by admin on Thu, 10/10/2013 - 4:39pm
By Debbie Shahan.
The historic clubhouse at 1107 East Commerce Street in Mill Pond Park was the setting for the October 2nd San Saba Garden Club meeting. Jimma Byrd, Sandy Kuykendall, and Judy Brister served as hostesses for the afternoon meeting. Lovely draped tables of fall colors from the organic corn, peppers, and gourds on maroon linen cloths held potted stems of Bloom Corn and Poverty Weed in raffia wrapped pots and country containers. Delicious spiced apple cider, popcorn balls, and fruited pound cake were served while the group talked of the fantastic weather, rains, and the wonderful herbs that member, Sherie Clarkson, had brought for purchase from her nursery business, Ye Olde Thyme, in Mason.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://www.etypeservices.com/San%20Saba%20News%20and%20StarID404/
Rate this article:
- County approves EMS agreement with Capital EMS and discusses formation of Emergency Services District
- Outstanding District 7 4-H volunteers recognized
- Garrett Ratliff places 2nd in State Guitar Flat Picking Championship
- Local students and adults travel to Spain
- Cherokee Volunteer Fire Department Fish Fry, Raffle and Auction to be held September 6th